One of my favourite things about blogging is the support and friendship received by fellow bloggers from all over the blogosphere. I’m part of a wonderful blogging group called Big up Your Blog. It’s a drama free group where everyone loves to help each other. No meanies allowed and everyone plays by the rules. (Even fabulous people need rules.)
I have to say, I was thrilled when Shelley Wilson, mega blogger and author – find her HERE on her author blog and HERE on her motivational blog – nominated me for the Liebster award. No big deal? Excuse me, but I’ve been DYING to get nominated to take part in one of these fun posts that bloggers share with each other. So thank you Shelley. You made my day!
What is it Exactly?
The Liebster award is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The idea is to welcome new bloggers into the blogging world and help them to get noticed. However, it seems that anyone established or starting out can be nominated.
The word “liebster” originates from Germany and has several meanings; welcome, sweetest, pleasant, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, valued, cute, kindest and endearing.
The blogger who nominates you asks 11 questions and then in return you nominate 5-11 bloggers with your own 11 questions. Lorraine from Wording Well explains in more detail.
There is no obligation to accept, but since it’s nice to be asked, it’s nice to keep it going.
Here’s what Shelley wants to know from me
Q1 Have you met any of your internet friends in real life?
No. I have yet to meet my internet buddies in real life. Some day hopefully!
Q2 What’s your favourite TV show? What character would you be from that show?
I don’t watch much TV but if I see the Big Bang Theory on, I’ll stop what I’m doing to watch it. Sheldon just cracks me up! I’d love to be Amy but in real life I’m more of a Penny.
Q3 What’s your favourite kind of blog post to write? (Book review, personal post, fiction, etc.)
I like writing about fun with friends as it makes me laugh. I enjoy writing the light-hearted personal posts on my fledgling blog, Tasheenga Writes Here. It’s just for fun!
Q4 What are your most and least favourite things about blogging?
The thing I love most about blogging is the camaraderie between fellow bloggers. I also love the buzz I get when I hit publish!! My least favourite thing? Time. I wish I had more of it. I try to squeeze too much into my life but that’s not such a bad thing I suppose.
Q5 Is there a genre you wouldn’t read? Why?
I like some science fiction but I’m not a fan of steampunk. I tried reading it a couple of times and I just didn’t enjoy it.
Q6 Which of your own blog posts is your personal favourite? Why?
My all time favourite post is ‘Come Dine With Me Please – Part Two’. My friends and I play Come Dine With Me, and this was Jackie’s night in our 2016 competition. It’s my favourite one because it was such a fabulous night. I believe that fun with friends is the best therapy. We don’t take each other too seriously and just enjoy a good laugh and having the banter.
Q7 Do you have any pets? If so, what are they and do they help/hinder your blogging/writing? If no, what would be your ideal pet?
My six year old is allergic to cats, dogs, horses and cows. So my husband is my pet and don’t get me started on whether he helps or hinders my writing!! A bit of both to be honest. But he’s brilliant and I adore him!!
I’m a cat and dog lover. My daughter has the most beautiful cat who I wish lived with me!
Q8 What’s your favourite type of takeaway food?
King prawn biryani. Nom Nom!!
Q9 What would be your ideal career? Why?
A professional spa goer! Getting paid to visit spas and then write reviews about it. Why? Because I love spas and I don’t get to go enough. And I love writing!
Q10 Which author do you like to recommend the most?
Terry Tyler. I haven’t read all her books yet but I recommend her to all my friends and anyone else I chat to about books.
Q11 Who’s your go to band/artist when you can’t decide on something to listen to?
André Rieu! Love him!
And now I would like to nominate the following bloggers for the Liebster award;
- Caroline Cunningham at Wild Star Landing
- Jean Reinhardt
- Claire Wong
- Katie – better known as Fatty McCupcakes
- Lorna at Gin and Lemonade
- Krystal Long
- Diane at Yes This Moment
- Gabe Burkhardt at Almost Unsalvageable
- Kerry Manning at Fabulicious Fifty
- Kate Ennals
- Sarah Whiley
And here’s my questions;
- When are you at your happiest?
- If you were to walk a mile in someone else’s shoes, whose would it be?
- What’s usually the first thing to pop into your mind when you wake up each morning?
- What’s your biggest regret in life? If any!
- If you were to be reincarnated as an animal, what animal would you like to be and why?
- What’s your favourite smell and why?
- Are you a slow writer or can you whip up in a good post in a couple of hours?
- What household chore do you hate doing most? Or is there one you actually enjoy?
- What colour dominates your wardrobe?
- What’s your laugh type? Quiet & Polite, loud & boisterous, more of a chuckle, or a musical ha ha ha ha?
- Are you a romantic?
I’ve found that the rules vary slightly but they’re all similar!
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the person asked you.
- Answer the 11 questions the person asked you.
- Nominate 5-11 people (comment on their blog to let them know).
- Ask the people you have nominated 11 questions.
- List these rules in your post.
- And most importantly…….