Today is World Mental Health Day.
Taking care of your mental health is vital and many of us don’t give it the attention it deserves. Even though you might feel absolutely fine, it doesn’t mean that you should ignore your mental health.
Whether you’re happy, sad, anxious, fearful, fed-up, bored, busy, or stressed always make time for yourself. Even if it’s something simple like smiling in front of the mirror!
A few days ago I read a simple but inspiring post on a blog that I discovered recently – Another 30 Thing That Make Me Happy! – and I was smiling while reading it because it reminded me of lots of things that make happy.
I think it’s an exercise everybody should do occasionally. No matter how bad your day is going, surely you can think of many things in your life that make you happy, or at least make you smile.
Write them down and allow yourself to smile your biggest smile and feel grateful for all that you have. Rather than fretting about the things you don’t have.
Try it and let me know how you get on!
Here are 30 Things That Make me Smile!
In no particular order!
2. Basil plant. It looks so fine and smells divine!
3. Cocoa and all things chocolatey
4. A pregnant woman
5. The sounds of waves on the seashore
6. The smell of the sea
8. Michael McIntyre. He’s hilarious!
9. A rainbow
10. Hugs from loved ones
11. Seeing my children and grandchildren happy
12. Handcream. (I can’t live without it)
14. Alan Carrs face
15. My husband’s smile (It’s massive and so infectious)
16. Peanut M&M’s. These are addictive!
17. Love hearts (not the sweets)
20. Andre Rieu
21. The hearth fire on a cold winters night
22. Going to the cinema
24. The colour green
25. Fancy notebooks. Also addictive!
26. My friends laughing with me
27. Eating noodles
29. Fairy gardens
30. A newborn baby. Especially my newest grandson!
Isn’t he just the cutest little man?
This photo of baby Ezra was taken by Mian Photography. This is just one of the many amazing photos they have taken of my grandchildren over the years. They work especially well with families, and they have an excellent rapport with children and babies. Pop over to their Facebook page for a browse!
Thank you Milca and Andy for allowing me to use this beautiful photo!
Melissa is the author of mintteaandelephants and her posts are uplifting and often humorous! Check her out if you want to add a bit of sparkle to your day! She’s full of fun and loves getting comments on her posts. (I do too 😉 )
What makes you happy, laugh out loud and smile?